SEXUAL ABUSE COUNSELLING CENTRE
If your child has experienced sexual abuse, or where sexual abuse is suspected, he or she may be eligible for short and long-term counselling in this program.
Using research-based treatment, counsellors provide support to your child to:
- reduce trauma symptoms
- decrease stress
- increase self-esteem
- improve overall-well-being
- individual counselling
- parent support
More comprehensive services include:
- clinical assessment to determine needs
- a broad range of treatment formats and modalities
- expressive (art and play) therapy using professionally designed, state-of-the-art facilities
- education and emotional support for family members with respect to parenting concerns, managing behaviours, preventing further abuse and communicating about sexual abuse
- assistance with applications for Crime Victim Assistance compensation, and in accessing specialized help with the court process when needed
- workshops and information sessions to increase community understanding about sexual abuse
- collaboration and consultation with specialized services and professionals
- referrals to other services and resources in the community
- non-offending family members and caregivers also receive support and education to help cope with the impact of sexual abuse on the family.
For children (3-18 years old) living in Surrey who have experienced sexual abuse or where sexual abuse is suspected.