NEWCOMER EMPLOYMENT SUPPORT PROGRAM
The BC Settlement and Integration Program helps immigrants by providing orientation to their new communities as well as guidance and support to access necessary government and community services.
The program provides information, referral and support in English, Korean, Punjabi and Vietnamese.
- Information, referral and action planning that meet the settlement, employment and integration needs of target clients;
- Supporting clients’ access to government, community and employment resources and services/programs;
- Educating and supporting clients with respect to their rights and responsibilities as residents, workers and citizens of B.C.;
- Providing support groups for seniors and temporary foreign workers with the aim to provide cultural/language support to overcome isolation or enhance community integration
- Collecting information on the specific needs of target clients and identifying/adopting best practices to address those needs.
- Having access to “enabling services” which allow their participation in all settlement services such as child care/childminding, translation and interpretation services, access to transportation support.
For temporary residents (temporary foreign workers and international students), refugees, immigrants, naturalized citizens, refugee claimants 16+ living in Surrey and Delta who need help finding a job.
Can you access the program directly?
13520 - 78th Avenue
Surrey, BC V3W 8J6
604.572.4060 ext 1171
604.572.4060 ext 1168