MOVING AHEAD PROGRAM
The Moving Ahead Program is designed to assist immigrant individuals and families with multiple needs and significant integration barriers.
- To help clients gain the capacity to cope with issues and barriers and to acquire sufficient skills to participate in regular settlement or community services and programs
- To provide a coordinated support system across service sectors in communities with a large number of Vulnerable Immigrant Populations
Clients who participate in our program will receive the following services:
- Intake and In-Home Assessment
- Case management of Individual Client Files
- Settlement Information and Counselling
- Practical Assistance & Supported Access to Services
- Support Groups and Workshops
- Life Skills, Literacy and Essential Skills Development
For refugees and immigrants 19+ and their children living in Surrey and Delta who have multiple needs (health, housing, financial, etc.) and significant integration barriers (language, education, lifeskills, etc.).
The program serves high-needs/risk immigrant youth, adults and families. Program eligibility is based on both:
a) immigration status, and
b) the complexity, multiplicity and severity of the barriers faced by potential clients
The program is open to:
a) Permanent Residents of Canada
b) Protected Persons as defined in Section 95 of the Immigrant and Refugee Protection Act
c) Individuals who have been selected by Canada to become a Permanent Resident and have received a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada informing him/her of initial approval and pending admissibility assessment (medical, security and criminal verifications)
This program will not be open to Refugee claimants until their claim is accepted.
Can you access the program directly?
9815 - 140th Street
Surrey, BC V3T 4M4 (map)
Senior Program Manager
604.572.4060 ext 1171
Assistant Program Manager
604.501.6850 ext 1130