Our ServicesSince 2012, our WorkBC Employment Services Centre has been dedicated to help job seekers find employment.
We offer a wide range of services to help people achieve their employment goals.
Our services are cost-free and tailored to Surrey residents who are unemployed and legally entitled to work in Canada.
STAFFED RESOURCE AREA
- Fully staffed self-serve resource centre for independent job search activities, providing computers and internet access, printers, telephones, fax machines, photocopier and scanning services. As well as a variety of job search resources and access to community service resource information.
JOB SEARCH & WORKSHOPS
- Career exploration to help you succeed in finding suitable career
- Job search workshops
- It involves working collaboratively with an Employment Counselor to assess and identify your employment readiness, your specific employment related needs to support your efforts in achieving labour market attachment. Your Employment Counselor will assess your eligibility for services, provide one to one employment counseling, job search support and referral to Job Developer for placement services.
CONNECTIONS TO GET HIRED
- Our Job Developer help in connecting our clients to valuable community and employer contacts for work opportunities and wage subsidy contracts.
SELF EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
- Referrals for Business Plan Development and Management Support based on eligibility
FINANCIAL SUPPORTS *
- Short term certifications like First Aid, Food Safe, and more
- Long term Occupational Skills Development training
- Project Based Labour Market Training
- Apprenticeship programs
- Wage subsidy contracts leading to permanent placement
- Job start supports like bus tickets, clothing, work gear etc.
- Support for single parents on income assistance like schooling, wage subsidy, daycare, transportation etc.
- Customized job placement services available for persons with disabilities
- One-on-one Job Support
- Specialized services available for Aboriginals, Francophone, New Immigrants, Survivors of Violence, Youth and Mature workers.
* Services are based on individual qualifications.
Call or visit us to see which services you are eligible for.
Can you access the program directly?
10362 King George Blvd
Surrey, BC V3T 2W5
Senior Program Manager
Whalley WorkBC Employment Services Centre
Whalley WorkBC Employment Services is operated by Options Community Services and funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia.